Friday, July 5, 2013

F*ck Chrysler

It's been a little silent here at Riches to Rags because I've been working AND going to school (more on that this weekend!) However, I wanted to take a moment and get my soapbox back out with the hope of bringing Chrysler to its knees.

Yeah, I know my readership isn't large enough to do that...but one can always hope, right? Maybe the CEO reads my blog! Or his wife! Or HIS MOM. (He's been a baaaaad boy, Mrs. CEO's mom. Lemme tell you all about it...

In the words of several mechanics I've recently had the immense pleasure to meet, EVERY CHRYSLER (including JEEPS) will at some point in its life have its evaporator core crack (a cracked evaporator core means no A/C. I realize A/C is a luxury but try getting through a humid Illinois summer without A/C. Once the thermometer hits 90 degrees, I get STABBY.) Anyhoo, it costs between $1100-$1300 in my area (central IL) to fix it. I repeat- EVERY CHRYSLER (including JEEPS) will have this issue. Why? Why does this keep happening to poor Jeeps across the nation? The world???

Chrysler knows about this issue but keeps putting a cheap, shoddy part into their cars to save money. I've had two Jeeps now- I always thought I would be a Jeep-for-life kind of girl. But I will never buy another one again- not only because they willingly put a cheap, shoddy part into their cars but because when I sent a nicely worded email explaining my story and how their shortcut can affect a single mom with not a lot of extra cash (hoping humanizing the issue would help create change) I was completely blown off with a "Your car isn't under warranty anymore. Have a good day."

Thanks a bunch to you, "Christopher, your customer service representative."

So if you own a Chrysler get ready for this charge because it WILL happen to your car sooner or later (most likely later, after the warranty runs out.) Now, with my savings gone and no money to take my kiddo on a little vacay we had planned before school starts (first time getting away in four very rough years) I will step off my soapbox. I just wanted to warn everyone I can about this well-known flaw I knew nothing about.

And I hope "Christopher, your customer service representative" gets horrible, flaming hemorrhoids. Douchebag.
ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment