Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Shoes

I got new shoes. But not just any old shoes...DANSKOS. Allow me to explain:

My current job requires me to walk an average of 10 miles per shift (how am I not a size 2 escapes me as well.) When I was first hired, I tried on Dansko shoes because that's what everyone wore. I tried a pair on and, honestly, it felt like I was walking on bricks. I thought, "What the hell do people see in these??? They mustn't have the high arches that I have." I then looked at the price of $145 and thought, "Suckers." I promptly went to our local running shoe mecca and stood on a special computer scale to see where I distribute my weight (turns out it's on the outsides of my feet.) They recommended a nice, albeit expensive, running shoe for my type of foot.

Fast forward six months, and my running shoes cashed out about two months ago. Every shift brings shin splint pain and me begging for a foot rub from Mouth (who only gives them if he wants something.) So I caved. I went out today and bought a pair of Danskos (but I DID find a bargain at $110 a pair.)

I still had the "walking on bricks" image in my head but I tried them on anyway. Oh my. THANK YOU BABY JESUS! Apparently my sneakers had squished down so much that these bricks felt like heaven. I don't work again until Thursday but I'm totally wearing them around the house because they are so fab.

They remind me...of this one time...when I GOT AN EPIDURAL...
ShareThis

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think we need photos with this one....

Post a Comment