Sunday, March 20, 2011

Love, Exciting And New

Mouth has been bugging me the last few days about asking a girl in his class to go to a movie during Spring Break next week.

Me: "Seriously? You're ten."

Mouth: "So? I'm ready."

This coming from a kid who has given flowers to two girls he had crushes on - the first being in third grade.

Tonight, he mustered the confidence to dial the numbers and hit 'Send' (which was only after ten or so aborted dials.)

Mouth: "Um hi, is Makayla there? This is her classmate, Zane. Okay....hi, Makayla? It's Zane. I was wondering if you'd like to see a movie with me this week. Um, okay."

And he puts the phone down.

Me: "Well?"

Mouth: "She said no and then hung up. What a little bitch!"

Me: "..........BUAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAA!!!!"

I totally couldn't punish him for cussing because it was so appropriate. Thankfully, he's fine with it. I had prepared him that she would probably say no - if not for lack of attraction then for the fact that she was ten years old and probably still thought boys had cooties. As he walked back to his room to play Xbox, he muttered "How rude!" over his shoulder.

I am SO SCREWED in the next few years, aren't I?
ShareThis

3 comments:

Michelle said...

LMAO! Points for trying, Mouth!

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said...

This is so funny. Gah! What am I going to do when I have kids? :)

Rags said...

Oooh just wait. It's all rainbows and unicorns until about age four. Good luck!

Post a Comment