Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Kooky Neighbors Again

Those who know me AT ALL are familiar with my disdain for anything involving lawn care (mowing, raking, snow shoveling), which makes me a thorn in my neighbors' sides. And although they are all wonderful, upstanding citizens of my community - and loan me stuff - they are all complete yard freaks. Doesn't matter what day of the week, what time of the day, or what inclement weather we are experiencing, I can most likely find one or all of my neighbors partaking in yard work. Sick bastards.

Today, it is sunny and a balmy 9 degrees outside. Two of my neighbors, whom I love dearly, have lost their ever-loving minds. Not only are they working in their yard, they are RAKING THEIR ROOF. That's right, they are RAKING THEIR ROOF. Maybe it was the horrified look on my face (most likely it was me standing outside shouting, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, YOU CRAZY BASTARDS????") but they patiently explained how snow will melt and form ice, which gets under the roof shingles and...blah blah blah. All I could think was, WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING, THOSE CRAZY BASTARDS???

Thank gawd in all of this madness I had my wits about me and ran inside for my camera.











Truthfully, my neighbors are so wonderful and I don't deserve them. Their house is in much better shape than mine - with hubby's artistic flair and wifey's knack for being able to do ANYTHING because she is secretly MacGyver - I can only aspire to be as cool as they are. They even raked my roof.

I will sorely miss them if we have to move. However, I still think they need some form of therapy for their yard obsession...




ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment