Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pengie's Birthday Party

So my son announced to me last night, "Tomorrow is Pengie's birthday!" (Pengie is his stuffed penguin.) He said Pengie was turning 5 and that was the end of the conversation.

I was at the grocery store today and was walking by the bakery when I saw a little cake for $2.50. IDEA! This would be a PERFECT chance for me to make it up to him for not letting him watch The Terminator last night!

I then had to run to Wal-Mart and saw an iCarly CD/DVD set...PERFECT!!! Dude, this will make up for everything I've ever done wrong as a mother!!!! When I picked him up from school I told him I had a surprise for Pengie. I told him to get Pengie and get him occupied on the couch. I stuck a candle in the cake, lit it and sang Happy Birthday. Zane was so shocked - he helped Pengie blow out the candle. I handed him the wrapped gift for Pengie - which he helped Pengie open, natch - and his jaw dropped. (Patting myself on back....)

Zane grabbed all his other stuffed toys and brought them all out to the living room to eat cake and watch the iCarly DVD on my laptop. Aren't they sweet??? (Birthday penguin to the left of Zane.)




Heaven only knows how much therapy this kid will need to overcome his childhood so hopefully this will help. Then again, the kid and I will be together this summer. Day in. Day out.

I'm probably going to have to buy him a new car to make up for whatever devious deeds I'll do as a mother this summer....


ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment