Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mom Confessions

1. As I’ve admitted to before, I sometimes let my son cuss at home because my mom never let me say cuss words when I was young. Or when I was in high school.

2. If we have nowhere to go on a Saturday or Sunday, my child will spend the day in his pjs. If we do have to run somewhere, he will throw a hoodie over his Spongebob pjs and go as is.

3. Since being laid off, I count the minutes until my son leaves for school so I can go back to bed.

4. My son stays up past his bedtime way too often.

5. Zane has pancakes for breakfast. Every morning. Has for the last 3 years.

6. I throw away toys because it’s just easier than garage sale-ing/donating…especially those POS McDonald’s toys.

7. I encourage Zane to eat hot lunch so I don’t have to pack anything.

8. I threaten my son with taking away his toys if he tells my mom I let him cuss.

9. I persuade my mom to chaperone on field trips because I can’t stand the thought of being stuck on a school bus with 20 unruly children for an hour.

10. Both of our beds have a fitted sheet and a comforter. That’s all. And beds are rarely made.

11. I throw away some of my son’s schoolwork (mostly stuff he hasn’t written on much.) He thinks I’m keeping everything.

12. I forbid my son to speak to me during any evening reality shows (e.g., Real Housewives, Rock of Love, Bachelor/Bachelorette, etc.)

13. I bribe my child with money and toys.

14. I purposefully stopped feeding my son’s goldfish because I hated cleaning the fishbowl.

15. I usually take my son’s gift cards and buy stuff for me/him/our house/my sister’s bday.

16. We never eat dinner at the dining room table.

17. I don’t answer the phone when my son’s friend Christian calls. He has long hair and bad taste in music and I don’t like him.

18. Although I know my son should brush his teeth before bed, I usually tell him to swish with ACT and call it a night.

19. The Indian dude who owns the local liquor store gave my son a birthday present this year. We also trick-or-treat him.

20. Regardless of how hungry my son is, I tell him our kitchen closes at 8 pm – mostly because I’d rather watch TV than cook at that point. He’s welcome to get his own snack from the food rack.

I’m def not the best mom but I think he’s happier than I was at his age!

Anyone else?

*

ShareThis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

does it have to be 20 things? i'll start with 10 and see where it ends up.

1. i fed my first child oatmeal pies and little bowls of apple butter for breakfast.

2. i also color-coded the vcr for said child so she could put her movie in by herself in the morning so i could get more sleep (granted, i worked 2nd shift and stayed up waaaay too late).

3. my son, who is almost 6, still wears a diaper/pull up to bed. ahh, who cares.

4. i still wipe the butts of 2 of my kids even thought they are 4 and almost 6.

5. i sneak food when no one is looking. especially if it's brownies or cookies.

6. my kids get baths *maybe* once a week. in the winter it is longer.

7. they have been known to wear the same outfit 5 days in a row. we homeschool. i don't care.

8. i'd feed my kids cereal for supper every night if i could. it's easy and they like it. as it is, it's about once a week or so.

9. sometimes i want to smack my 16 yr. old daughter when she frustrates me. is that a bad thing?

10. i'm glad we live 1.5 hours from my mom and step-dad. grandpa isn't always very nice.

well, i guess that's it. oh, one more:

11. i've lived in my house for 1.5 years and i have only cleaned my shower once. and i think my husband did it that time.

deborah

Post a Comment