Monday, June 13, 2011

Things I Think About At 3 A.M.

* Why do we still have daylight saving time? Didn't Benjamin Franklin pitch that idea back in the day? Like, when most Americans farmed for a living? And before we had electricity? I don't know about you, but I'd rather go to work in the dark and have a few hours of light in the evening. Cause 5:00 pm sunsets SUCK.

* Why do I have to wait until noon to buy liquor on Sundays? I'm not driving drunk nor am I going to attend church while drunk. I'm over 21 years of age so WHY CAN'T I GET VODKA FOR MY SUNDAY MORNING BLOODY MARY AT 10 AM???

* Why can't I ever find a lid to fit the pot I'm cooking with? I can find every other frikkin' lid but the one I need.

* Why would you pay $300 for someone to pull one tooth? Seriously. A couple shots of whiskey, some pliers and a brave friend would do it for me. (Which is also prolly why I floss daily. Man, I need to steer Mouth toward dental school...)

* Why is it a person on food stamps is not able to buy a grocery store cooked rotisserie chicken but can freely splurge on gum and Red Bull? (Didn't know about the Red Bull until this morning. Thank you, State of Illinois!)

* Once again, HOW THE HELL IS TARA REID FAMOUS AND I'M NOT???

* I despise whistlers. Especially those who whistle pop tunes like Journey. Or Enrique Iglesias. I totally would have smacked that chick if I wasn't at work. Or if she wasn't my coworker.

* Why is it that when I spilled a glass of wine on my keyboard, I was lucky enough to only lose the function of my five, six and hyphen keys? (Yet I still bitch about not having them. In fact, this is a not(hyphen)so(hyphen)thinly veiled bullet point bitch about not being able to hyphenate or type my zip code.)
ShareThis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can live without your computer for a day, I take my keyboard (after disconnecting it of course) and just rinse it under water. There is no electricity running through it unless you have some wireless monstrosity. Give it 24hrs today though.

Cullen

Rags said...

It's a laptop :(

But thank you for the suggestion!

Post a Comment