Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Clean Up in Aisle 9

I don't mean to be insensitive but if you don't know how to use the self scanner at the grocery store then DO NOT GET IN THE SELF-SCAN LANE. I always get stuck behind Marge and Leroy, who not only can barely hear each other, but have obviously never been exposed to machinery such as the ultra complicated self-scanner.

(After waving a box of food over the scanner 7-10 times)"MARGE. MARGE. THIS BOX OF HAMBURGER HELPER WON'T BEEP."

"LEROY, YOU HAVE TO FIND THE BLACK LINES."

"I DID, MARGE. THE DAMN THING STILL WON'T WORK."

I mean, really? How hard is it? It's not like we all went to checker school. Most of us went to the grocery store with our moms when we were young and then imitated the checker with our own canned goods at home.

"JESUS, MARGE. HOW THE HELL IS THIS THING SUPPOSED TO WORK?"

And then we hear the triumphant BEEP. FINALLY. Then another BEEP.

"LEROY, YOU SCANNED IT TWICE."

"I KNOW I SCANNED IT TWICE, MARGE. I DON'T KNOW HOW THE HELL TO ERASE IT. GO GET ANOTHER ONE."

Two down, 12 more items to go. Please God don't let them have coupons...
ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment